View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 04:20 PM   #15
JimNPHX
JimNPHX is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Question Are you kidding me???

Wow . . . so we have to live in a "Segway" bubble and glide under it's capabilities just because? Don't you think it is up to the operator and not the machine? You can drive a car off a bridge if you wanted to. Would the cities and governments ban the cars?
I glide my seg to and from campus, and on campus every day. I am overly cautious while on campus because:
1. It is a madhouse and you just need to
2. I know all eyes are on me
BUT . . . I also go and have fun with it at the proper times and places. If I had to just use it it going 5 m/h and only in a straight line, you would see my segways up for sale.
I think this is a great video showing the capabilities of the X2. I WANT ONE NOW! Why would a (non-business) user buy an X2 if not to take advantage of what it could do? Heck an i2 can handle many a dirt path/trail. So "off-roading" could be done with either. It is the fact that the X2 can do more than the i2 which is what this video is showing. Now if this was done in front of city hall then I could understand the concern. Let's not let go of the fact that a segway can be a lot of fun! To some it may just mean going to and from work. To others . . .

Shawn, cool video. Of course now I hate you because I want an X2 even more!

Hey everyone, seg owners/dealers are not the ones we should be fighting with!

Just my $0.02

Jim
JimNPHX is offline   Reply With Quote