View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 10:29 PM   #13
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Jeremy, I'm not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic, and whichever may be true I'm also not sure how to answer knowing your political affiliation. I constantly try to follow the credo of "a closed mouth gathers no foot" but this thread has me going for some reason; maybe its because my county was the center of the debaucle last election, possibly because I sat through horribly partisan meetings discussing "hanging chads" and CNN trucks circling our courthouses and the like, I'm really not sure. What I am sure about is that even though our votes count (or don't as you speculate), we have MUCH bigger evils. Oil companies merging without so much as a congressional review, pharmaceutical companies lobbying to bankrupt bio-identical manufacturers, congress being bought and sold by lobbies, our healthcare professionals making less and less every year while our representatives vote themselves raises...just get me started and sit back and listen. We agree on many things and disagree on as many, so please go to SF, I'd love to debate you over a pint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan View Post
I believe that it does in rare cases make it so that our votes do not count! I support removing the electoral college and making it so that every single vote counts as a vote! It just makes me wonder how much different this country would be if it was abolished pre 2000 and we had a president Gore currently in office! I will not begin to speculate as things would be different on so many levels but how different they would be we will never know! Either way it's fun to think about whether you believe it could have been better or worse!

Jeremy Ryan

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway
BillPaxton is offline   Reply With Quote