View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

There is more to worry about with this sale than just where to get it serviced, if if breaks.

The seller has a short but good reputation on ebay (100%) but that is all as a buyer, not a seller, except one single sale. That does not reflect anything much in the way of positive about the seller.

He wants local pickup, which makes sense from his perspective, but he has already posted that he will pull the auction if he does not get his price. That seems odd to me. I thought the way to do that is to offer the auction, and set a minimum price. That way bidders will not loose out, and know where the minimum price is set, or at lease if they are above or below it.

Also, I asked two simple questions to the seller, and as yet, he has not let them be posted. They were not mean or negative questions, so there is no reason for them not to be posted, and the ad says that there were no questions. To me this is a red flag. (IF he wanted to keep them off the ad, but answered them directly, I would not be as concerned.)

Ebay is a great place to buy things. But it is also an easy place to loose a lot of money with nothing to show for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.