View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 01:33 PM   #1
miginage
miginage is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member
Default Got an i167 working, then it stopped.

I picked up an i167 from 2003 in perfect condition (probably saw 25 miles in its life) but the owner couldn't get it working. It had the typical red flashing light with a wrench. I swapped the batteries, unplugged/replugged the cables at the cs assembly, charged it over night and it was running. It has the NiMH batteries and when tested each side of both battery shows over 40v. After I got it running, I tried to drain the battery completely by taking a few short trips and leaving it powered on, but the battery wouldn't drain.

So of course I take it to a parking garage and start ripping around at 13mph. After about 10 minutes of this, it shows an error code and I can't get it to turn on again. Back to the flashing red with a wrench. I can't find the exact error code I saw when riding on it in the manual that has been uploaded here. It was either red/orange with a frowning face and then to the left, two verticle bars that would alternate back and forth. The charger and batteries seem to be working just fine.

I pulled the shaft out from the handlebars and noticed the coiled wires had become shredded due to age I assume, so there were exposed foil wrapped wires. I thought maybe this was shorting it out so I taped them up. I didn't do a full repair, just where it looked bad, so maybe there is still a short in there. Retaping the wires in full may be my next step, but I thought I would ask here first. Thanks for all your help.
miginage is offline   Reply With Quote