View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 08:14 PM   #4
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
http://www.forbes.com/sites/christop...wer-the-world/

I love it when DK predicts that we will all be using his latest device in ten years.
I met Dean 10 years or so ago, at the company, and later at his home, related to the segways I have owned. I realize that even though he seem well known for the segway, he has invented and contributed to many, many worthwhile inventions and devices.

I also believe he is personally responsible for more patents than many countries.

4 or so years ago, my son was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. (Formerly known as Juvenile Diabetes, an auto immune disease that affects his Pancreas)

Today, he wears an infusion pump, that exists because of Dean Kamen and his work and brilliance, that delivers his insulin to him and replaces the 6 to 8 daily shots of insulin injections that he requires / required.

I like my segway, and it has brought me hours of joy, entertainment, and convenience.

That pump has MATERIALLY improved the quality of my son's life. The segway has done the same for many with mobility issues.

JohnM enjoys nattering on about how foolish we are, or how misguided Dean is. I wish he could see some of the good that has come from Dean's inventions, and stop being the troll he enjoys being here so much.

Yes, some enthusiasts see a potential in a Kamen invention, as does he, and sometime the impact is overstated in general terms.

Next time JohnM wants to trash him, I wish he would consider going to the nearest diabetes clinic or physical therapist who works with the mobility impared, and ask those who's lives have been improved by Kamen's inventions just how appropriate his barbs are...

I used to care, and fight back against JohnM's constant attacks here. Now I just feel sorry for his ignorance, and the fact that he chooses to stay that way, and remind us of it so often.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.