View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 10:13 AM   #4
dmurphy
dmurphy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Did you have a tough time getting the nuts off the first time that maybe the studs fractured on removal then fractured even more on installation?
I'm sure those studs can be replaced but there might be a lot of disassembly required.
Give a good repair shop a call and bang their ear a little. Maybe you can do the bull work and let them replace the studs in the hubs. Maybe these guys? http://segwayofannapolis.com/
That is what’s so dang bizarre. I had no trouble getting the nuts on or off. Smooth as silk. And in fact, when I took the left wheel off (the one that remained attached) - the nuts came off easy as pie, exactly as I would’ve expected in a normal situation. Very bizarre. I might have to call Tony Stark and apply for a job with the X-Men or something - maybe I have superhuman strength and just don’t know it.

I found a used pair of gearboxes on eBay for a reasonable(ish) price so I’m going to change them out. We’ll see what kind of condition the couplers are in but I’m thinking a full gearbox replacement is the only safe way to do this .... unreal.
dmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote