View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 12:44 PM   #17
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Anybody who is speaking to the reliability of the Chinese balancing scooters PROBABLY isn't speaking from a place of knowledge.

Tritium, if you do have firsthand experience-- or even some technical knowledge about Chinese balancing scooters-- that would indicate they are unsafe and/or buggy, I'd love to hear about it. Without any evidence, it sounds like you're just generalizing the outdated perspective that China=Low Quality.

Interesting you praise the Segway build quality so much. Doug Field has been known to say that the best Segway they ever made was the i167. Something about the suppliers being well-behaved on that first round. Later quality dropped, and some parts were obtained from other manufacturers. Also, Segways have shipped with extremely dangerous bugs in the software. Check out the web to find videos. I'm still checking the net all the time looking for videos of Chinese scooters failing in the same ways a Segway could fail. I'm not saying you're wrong for praising the Segway's quality, just thought you might be interested to know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man