View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 11:52 PM   #9
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I do not happen to agree with Bob, and think that life in Canada or anywhere else would be the same as it is now without the American Revolution.
Whoa, I didn't say that!

But I do wonder if perhaps a non-violent approach might not have led to an even better result.

It wasn't the violent start that made this country great, it was the commitment to democracy and freedom, as embodied in the Declaration of Independence. And the principles of checks and balances, and to limited government by the people.

Like you, I have oft wondered at rioters destroying their own neighborhoods. It's not the peasants storming the castle. Castles don't burn so easily. But the straw huts? They burn real nice.

My only explanation is that anger makes people stupid -- really stupid.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.