View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 07:34 AM   #4
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

The riots started following the shooting of an armed person by the police. The person died and the initial riots were supposedly related to the shooting. Few details have been released. However, whilst some unrest at this shooting might be understandable to those few people concerned, it has since been widely broadcast by the media and it has spread across the country.

And the reasons given by the hooligans are sounding less and less "sincere", and it seems plainly obvious to me that they are rioting just because they feel they may be able get away with it. Hundreds of arrests have been made. Cars and buses burnt out. Ambulance, fire engines and police forces attacked.

It is awful to watch hooded thugs just smashing the place up, mugging people and literally stealing plasma TVs, phones, clothes etc., and riding off on their bikes or running into the night.

I am shocked and dismayed by it all. I guess this is how one feels when it happens in your "own backyard". These things go on all the time elsewhere in the world.