View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 08:37 AM   #1
flickroll
flickroll is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member
Default Segway X2 SE Golf - Why Did Segway Drop Them?

I recently purchased a new Segway SE X2 with turf tires. Segway has discontinued the golf rack attachment but I was lucky enough to find 2 brand new ones, so I bought an attachment for everyday use and am keeping one for spare parts should the need ever arise.

The personal transporter is an emerging market in the golf industry. Numerous companies are delivering scooters, ‘surf boards’, etc, and there will be lots more of them as time goes on. After looking at the various models of PT’s from non Segway companies I concluded all of them had limitations and so I decided to buy the Segway. I ride it from my home, play 18, and ride it back home, returning home with about half of the battery meter showing. My course is very hilly which has been no problem for the Segway. I love the Segway and after people stop staring at it I have been getting mostly positive comments from everyone including the head professional at the course. To me it is about perfect.

Does anyone know why Segway decided to discontinue the Segway Golf from it’s lineup? I cannot think of a good reason to have done that. I think many people at my course would buy one if they were available, and Segway is missing out on a great business opportunity with this rapidly growing market.

Thanks

Last edited by flickroll; 08-03-2019 at 02:13 PM..
flickroll is offline   Reply With Quote