Thread: Saying goodbye
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 12:43 AM   #9
SEGsby
SEGsby will become famous soon enoughSEGsby will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

How strange. I actually enjoyed having heated discussions with you on a myriad of minutia no one else cared about...

But I don't understand the need for your being moderated. I haven't had that happen to me yet-- which seems really strange, given my tendency for confrontational discourse and unpopular views. Ask anybody. So your situation both surprises & puzzles me. I imagine you probably have some "h8trs" out there, riding you. I just ignore them, as I don't participate here to win contests (unlike some others I know... or knew?).

Though you haven't yet met me in person (I'm not REALLY that evil), or participated in a group glide that I've attended; I would welcome such an interaction with you, when I again have the time to participate in such things.

You will be missed and your absence robs us all, but you know yourself better than anyone in what you're comfortable with-- so I trust your introspection & judgment on the matter.

All my best,
SEGsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellphish View Post
I've had a lot of fun on these boards, I've meet some really great friends through here, but I think it is time for me to move on. This will be my last post.

It has been brought to my attention that I come off as combative, demeaning, rude, or hostile, and I don't wish to burden any of the great, great people of this site with my presence any longer. I have been on and off moderation several times, for being disruptive, ruining threads, etc. I've tried my best to moderate my own behavior, but even when I think I am doing fine, it turns out I am not.

This post is not a gripe about the moderators of Segway Chat. They do the best job they can.

This is a great website, and has been a fantastic resource for me as a Segway owner. I've been doing a lot of introspection lately, and I've determined that I am simply incompatible with the Segway community as it exists on the internet. I don't think I've ever offended any of you in real-life (I hope!) but here it is a different story. I don't wish to make this place worse, only to make it better, but I fail in that regard. Consistently. Set sail for fail, as it were.

Like I said, I have made great friends through this site, and only just started to make friends with more of you. I will still be around, lurking, and my interest in Segways has never been stronger than it is now.

I want to be able to keep in contact with you. Unfortunately, at the moment, I am unable to send emails or PM's to other users, so if you'd like to keep in touch, PLEASE send me a PM with your contact info and I will save it.

Farewell, SegwayChat. It's been a fun few years.

Last edited by SEGsby; 03-20-2008 at 01:03 AM..
SEGsby is offline   Reply With Quote