Thread: Saying goodbye
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 04:10 PM   #1
hellphish
hellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default Saying goodbye

I've had a lot of fun on these boards, I've meet some really great friends through here, but I think it is time for me to move on. This will be my last post.

It has been brought to my attention that I come off as combative, demeaning, rude, or hostile, and I don't wish to burden any of the great, great people of this site with my presence any longer. I have been on and off moderation several times, for being disruptive, ruining threads, etc. I've tried my best to moderate my own behavior, but even when I think I am doing fine, it turns out I am not.

This post is not a gripe about the moderators of Segway Chat. They do the best job they can.

This is a great website, and has been a fantastic resource for me as a Segway owner. I've been doing a lot of introspection lately, and I've determined that I am simply incompatible with the Segway community as it exists on the internet. I don't think I've ever offended any of you in real-life (I hope!) but here it is a different story. I don't wish to make this place worse, only to make it better, but I fail in that regard. Consistently. Set sail for fail, as it were.

Like I said, I have made great friends through this site, and only just started to make friends with more of you. I will still be around, lurking, and my interest in Segways has never been stronger than it is now.

I want to be able to keep in contact with you. Unfortunately, at the moment, I am unable to send emails or PM's to other users, so if you'd like to keep in touch, PLEASE send me a PM with your contact info and I will save it.

Farewell, SegwayChat. It's been a fun few years.
hellphish is offline   Reply With Quote