View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 09:09 PM   #36
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorblades View Post
lets not give anybody ideas
ssssshushhhhhhhhhhh

I
The ideas are already out there.

The big thing that some people do not seem to get is that you cannot legislate common sense, or good judgement or whatever you want to call it.

The government is not a moral place. It is not full of moral people. It is full of self proclaimed aristocrats who are more concerned with their own legacy and personal wealth and influence than actually living out the constitutional blueprint of a minimalist government.

Many people have forgotten that the United States Constitution is a document that limits the federal government in many ways, and reinforces that the decision making authority lies with citizens, and the government does not have the authority to give people rights. ( But it is full of statements making it unconstitutional for the government to try to take those rights away)

Now, some people do not agree with the constitution or my views that most people if left alone, will make better decisions than the government will legislate. And of course, the reality is that it is pretty much impossible to be left alone.

So, much of the discussion on this thread has been about if people should be allowed to make their own decisions or not, or if some other authority, be it a person or an organization like a government, should make that decision for them.

Again, I am unaware of any law that requires adults to wear helmets on segways. I have asked if anyone knows of one, and got no responses. But others have said that helmets are required in some places. I do know that most tour companies require them, and that is their choice. I support that. I support any individual or business owner the right to do what they feel is best for them. They should make their own assessments, and act upon them, free of other people's requirements.

None of any of this is secret.

I suspect your "shussh" was a joke. I just do not know who you think may not already have this idea...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.