View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #6
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicsman View Post
You have every right to your opinion, and I very much appreciate the service that you and your comrades have given this nation. However, I have a gold star on my combat action ribbon, so I think I have at least made a down payment for my own opinion.

I'll leave it at that.
If you have served, that elevates you in my eyes.

Many have said that what is legal is often not what is correct. The law is not a guide to what we should do, but rather a listing of what we should not do.

For the vast majority of both the American People, and the American history, not being codified made it legal to do. We do not need laws to tell us what we can do.

I, and many like me, say it is not a legal issue, it is a moral issue. There are tributes to Japanese Americans in many places, but Pearl Harbor would not be an appropriate one. The Cordoba house is another. (Even if they have changed the name, the fact that it was originally called that shows the sentiment)

The truth is that the Taliban will spin anything done to their advantage, or try to. If the Mosque is not built, it will show our intolerance. If it is built, it will show our weakness. In their eyes, we cannot win.

The funny thing is, the liberal zealots who are their best supporters against U.S. interests are the very first people they would stone to death, if they had their opportunity.

I know you don't care, but these views are toward Islamic Terrorists, which is very much different from those who practice Islam. The problem is that many Muslims also feel that it is insensitive to build this mosque there. I notice very few press reports from them, on most media outlets.

Of course, many people have short memories. I recall that when the inexcusable behavior of a number of catholic priests and those who protected them (a horribly small percentage of all catholics) came to the public view, there was lots of bigotry and hate directed against catholics and that church.

This is not new. The biggest difference that I can see, is that the victims of the catholic example was catholics, and the victim of the Muslim terrorists were not just Muslims, but also and mostly, non Muslims. It was an attack from a group outward, not inward.

Political Correctness is every where. My spell checker will capitalize Muslim, but not catholic. Interesting.

There is room for all opinions. But consistently saying that it is not illegal to build that mosque there to people who say it is insensitive and wrong, shows that a person is not understanding the argument.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote