View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 02:42 AM   #23
Five-Flags
Five-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member
Wink

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. I can speak about one LARGE insurer, namely TRICARE (the military equivalent of Blue Cross). For what they define as DME (Durable Medical Equipment), they pay a monthly rental for the device for the duration that your physician says that you need it.

This monthly rental is one-twelfth of what TRICARE has determined is the fair price for the device. In the event that you end up using the device for one year or more, the device becomes yours, and now you are responsible for the care and maintenance of it.

In this case, I don't see a problem with disposing of the device however you wish, however, there are some State (and possibly Federal) laws restricting the sale of medical devices unless properly licensed. Again, the advice of an attorney would be a good way to keep you enjoying the fresh air of the out-of-doors with enough in your pockets to by an occasional ice-cream-cone.

This advice is worth precisely what you paid for it.