View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 04:12 AM   #47
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
I feel that after 10 years, the image of the Segway is not going to get any better. What the public thinks they are is not going to be changed by us nor any other responsible users.
Oh, I don't agree with that at all. I have seen people's perception of the Segway change. And not just in my small community, where I have been the only Seg user for the last 6+ years, but also in metropolitan areas I have frequented. In fact, just recently I had the pleasure of meeting up with another Segger for a glide and we stopped at an ice cream joint. A couple bikers came in and we chatted them up with a few jokes and some small talk. I believe we made a small impression on them as Seg users that was probably not what they expected. And more than once I have been challenged by some authority figure, only to see their demeanor and attitude change in a positive way. I think you may underestimate the power of people to influence and educate. Not everyone has an idea about Segways and its users that is etched in stone.

As for the rest of your post, I think I agree with every bit of it. Very well said.

Jim
eJM is offline   Reply With Quote