View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 05:42 PM   #7
Philip
Philip will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelda View Post
A question about P-133, it suddenly shuts down. All will be good and it will beep and then shuts off. It can run perfectly for a long time and then it just doesn't.
As a person who uses it for mobility, that is very frightening. I don't know what else to do as I have checked the batteries, taken it apart several times, swapped the batteries, etc. The batteries are good. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do?
It's a special p-133 as it was signed not only by Dean Kaman but by his father as well.

Nelda
Hello Nelda

Based on your description, it is likely that the fault that is causing your problem is located outside of the PowerBase itself. I say this because unless the issue is moisture inside the PB, most faults inside will "latch" the device so it won't restart (until serviced....and I am not sure this is even possible anymore).

So, the situation you describe is relatively good news, because it narrows down the location of the fault to one (or more) of:

1. a bad battery pack
2. a frayed or broken wire inside the cables that up up inside the Control Shaft (either above or below the connectors), or corroded/damaged pins inside the black and yellow connector plugs
3. a bad CSB/Control Shaft Base
4. a bad Handlebar

The above is probably ranked from the most-to-least likely order of where your problem is. But since your battery packs are recently re-packed, #2 or #3 is where my money is.

All of the above parts are easy enough to swap about, all you need are known-good parts on hand to test against - so you can isolate your problem part.

Regards
Philip