View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #9
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
I believe this is more suited for travelling and people who don't want to splash out 5K on a Segway, I don't think this is a knockoff at all, it bears nothing that takes the design of Segway except the leansteer.

I own 3 Segways, and if I purchase one of these, in absolutely no way would it replace my Segways.
It would function for travelling on buses, trains, etc, of which my Segways can't do very well.

I travel very often, and in my opinion, this would be much easier to take with me .

I agree about the low clearance, this problem should be fixed, but for sidewalks, I don't think this'll be a problem.
For me, it is hard to say what it will be well suited for, until I see and touch one. I do not understand how anyone can endorse a machine they have never seen, other than to appreciate what they assume it will be like.

I wish you luck, and hope it is what you guess it might be. Please report on this machine if and when you get one.

I do believe it is a direct knock off of the Toyota Winglet, which is a conceptual knock off of the segway. Before the segway, there were no non tandem 2 wheel self balancing stand up scooters, and now there appears to be this one as well as the segway. You can consider it whatever you wish, but I see the knock off factor as inescapable.

Again, I wish you luck, but those tiny wheels may cause a real problem even with the sidewalks around here. There are driveway cuts that are taken cross wise that I deal with all the time, where one wheel will dip much more than the other wheel as I glide down the sidewalk. The low clearance may be a real problem in those situations, not to mention the poor curb cuts, the bad seams and the ever present pot holes. Also, in my town, the concrete sidewalks may have a bad seam, but the asphalt ones have lots of dips and voids as well as tree roots that make pretty good obstacles.

I am still curious, so be sure to post a report.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.