View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #9
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default performance envelope

Motoboards may be able to go as fast and long as a segway, but I seriously doubt they can STOP like a segway can. And isn't that the whole point of a segway? It can slow, stop and balance like no other mode of transportation.

Sometimes "getting somewhere" is more than just how fast it happens...the "safeness" (both for the rider and others) in a wide variety of situations has to be considered.

ps - Before the segway, I think my favorite mode of transportation was the plastic Big Wheel of my childhood. I liked the extremely low center of gravity and stabilty of three wheels. Maybe there's an adult version of this around, but I bet with the higher weights capacity it becomes rather large or heavy (like I did, eh?).

It took another 20 years before I found a mode of transportation that I liked. Now I'm the first to admit that the delta design of a Big Wheel isn't the safest, hence my recumbent trike is a tadpole design.

Last edited by polo_pro; 10-02-2006 at 02:11 PM..