View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 07:28 PM   #2
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Kerns View Post
does anyone have any definitive information on the legal status of Segway clones (1-2-3 wheeled devices using similar technology) when the issue of what is covered by state EPAMD laws comes up?

I'm preparing to confront Missouri's Department of Conservation again (this time hopefully in person) on their blatantly illegal rules regarding use of segs by the disabled. (They now classify "Hoverrounds and mobility scooters" along with Segways as EPAMDs requiring a permit.) The issue of their compliance with state EPAMD law is also likely to come up and I'd like to give them a heads up on this question...
I suspect that if it looks like a segway they will think it a segway, even if you educate them. A Segway is a brand name, it is not a definition of a device. An EPAMD is a definition of a device, so if they want to use that term, it is already defined in such a way that the ninebot already fits it. I believe it deals with two non tandem wheels, self balancing, made for one person, less than 25 inches wide, etc, and all that fits both the i2 and the ninebot.

Good luck. Perhaps some more familiar with making entities comply with the federal and other mandates will chime in with more or better data...

Keep up the good fight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote