View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 12:22 PM   #3
SegwayDan
Advanced Member
SegwayDan has a spectacular aura aboutSegwayDan has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Well, truth be told, you actually ARE your own best insurance, and it IS actually "down to you." Take this as an opportunity to sharpen your wits, be alert, predict consequences of your actions, etc. You ARE capable of such, and it doesn't have to be an onerous task. Treat it as a game and a challenge to always operate your Segway safely and "watch out for the other guy", including those who might want to snatch it.

If part of the time and energy you invest in working results in the money you'd pay an insurance company for "coverage", wouldn't it be better to invest just part of that time and energy in simply practicing to improve your physical, observational, and thinking skills in order to accomplish the much more effective brand of "coverage" you'd thereby enjoy?

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by johnberry

After several weeks of numerous phone calls, I still have failed to find a company who will insure my Segways (in the UK) for anything at all except third party on a Golf Course (which my houshold policy covers, perhaps).
So, apart from that, if I hit something/somebody or one gets stolen, it's all down to me.
Anybody got a solution???

John Berry
"Segway Dan" Swanson
727-403-2628
www.segwayclearwater.com
SegwayDan is offline   Reply With Quote