View Single Post
Old 08-04-2003, 12:38 AM   #22
Stan671
Stan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I have a Tivo and LOVE! it. I have expanded it by replacing the hard drive with a 120GB drive and adding another 120GB drive to give me 305 hours of record time in low quality (nobody uses this) and 85 hours in high quality mode (all I ever use).

I love the Season Pass feature that will have the Tivo record all of the episodes for a show for a season. It knows not to record preempted shows and to record extra long shows. I hardly every watch live TV any more. I have the Tivo record my favorite shows and I watch then when I have time. And while watching, I use the fast forward to bypass commercials.

I also installed a network interface card so that the Tivo gets its daily schedule updates downloaded via my broadband connection instead of bothering with a slow modem.

Monthly service charge is $12.95 per month or $299 for a subscription that lasts the lifetime of the unit.

Tivo has a "copy to VCR" feature that will queue up a show and play it so that it can be recorded by a VCR. I have connected this to my computer, digitized the show and then burned it onto a DVD.

Stan Dobrowski