View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #11
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKPeterson View Post
Being a non-owner, I can't speak to any actual gliding experience, but everything I've read up until now would have had me believe the Segway WAS NOT very stable on slippery surfaces. Perhaps it was when the difference in traction between the two tires is different, such as between cement and wet grass. In this case, traction between the two tires remains pretty similar.

Great video!

Stuart
It's stable, right up to where it can't produce enough force.

If you drive it carefully and gently so it doesn't require as much force, you can traverse pretty slippery surfaces. He was riding pretty aggressively.

As a rule of thumb, if you have trouble doing something on foot, it'll be marginal with the Segway but may outperform you on foot. When I first got a Segway, I went up a dust-covered steep path, until I lost traction. When I tried to get up, I slid back down that same hill, on my hands and knees. This was stock tires, and they out-performed my shoes or even hands and denim (which wore through, and I made a mess of my knees as well as my hands).
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote