View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 03:03 AM   #5
vertigo1
vertigo1 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Talking Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnfranzen@comcast.ne View Post
I am new to both segways and to the forum mode of communication. I will probably do dumb things but I am game to learn and get on board. I live in Shelton, WA a small town, south of Seattle on Puget sound. I am retired but trying to stay current on as much as possible. I consider myself and early adopter. For example going back a ways my first VCR cost me $1200 and I thought I got a deal only paying $13 a piece for blank tapes. I have always loves energy saving and new things. I built a solar heater for my wood shop about 2 years ago. Now I have purchased and old nonworking but clean Segway. No key, dead batteries NiKMh and at a loss as to what to do next. Not much money spent so far and I don't mind spending some but I have to waste money on a dead horse. Any suggestions what I should do next this beautiful 2 wheeled hand truck into a fun ridder? Any advice is welcome.
Gary
I too am in the Seattle area and just recently got back into restoring our own few Segways.
I have a p133, an i180, and an i2; only the i2 is complete at this time with the i180 and p133 needing new batteries as well as the p133 needing a conversion to an "i" series with fenders and wheels (since the "p" wheels are all gone these days and/or dryrotted).
Indeed, let us know what you've got first off and everyone here would love to help I'm sure :-)