View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 04:31 AM   #11
NinebotNut
NinebotNut is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescador12 View Post
The external battery, if it is lithium, should not be discharged below 20%. It should be stored for sale in a warehouse at around 50%. The charge circuits will see a battery below 20% as overly discharged and possibly damaged. Therefore, they will likely not charge it.

Maybe the scooter's charge circuit will slow charge it if left connected. Then when above 20 percent, kick into high charge rate. Stay home and monitor it if you try to charge it.

Odd, that Segway is letting batteries in warehouses get so low on charge. A disconnected battery should not discharge on its own except for very slowly over several years. Perhaps there is some built in smart circuit on the battery that is discharging it.

The only thing you can do is try another battery. Maybe try a battery straight from the Segway website to avoid suspect batteries?
I just ordered a used external battery from eBay. Is there some way I can be sure it's fully charged without connecting it to the scooter? If I simply store the battery without connecting it for a few weeks am I in danger of allowing the battery to discharge to unsafe levels? I didn't come with instructions, can I charge the battery on its own (not connected to the scooter) using the scooter power supply/charger ?
NinebotNut is offline   Reply With Quote