View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 09:16 AM   #5
CovRob
CovRob will become famous soon enoughCovRob will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Thumbs up SEGsuperstand in use!

I went ahead and bought two of these - one for my i2 & one for my x2 (I also have the Funky-Move Custom kickstands on my tour x2's). First off, Jens is excellent to do business with and is really passionate about both the Segway and the quality of his work. The SEGsuperstand is very well constructed and very easy to fit. When fitted the profile matches that of the battery packs, so there is no reduction in ground clearance. The press pedal at the back does not extend beyond the tyre diameter, so it doesn't catch on obstacles when descending - I have taken my x2 over some pretty demanding terrain since fitting and the battery packs grounded before any contact with parts of the stand.

All in all, an excellent design, well engineered and very effective. It operates from the rear and automatically retracts when the platform is moved to the horizontal position before stepping on. This feature does mean the Segway leans forward when parked. One consequent restriction is that if a heavy load is in the handlebar bag it could tip forward...but that would need quite a few kilos.

In comparison to the Funky-Move kickstand? Better, but about 3 times the price. I have had Funky-Move kickstands bend when the Seg has taken a tumble. I had one shear off when a tourer tried to ride off with it down - (an exchange facility is offered at about half the price of new). Neither should happen with the SEGsuperstand.

Some on here have commented about all the kickstands on offer needing action from the front of the Seg before steping on at the rear - not so with this invention.

I like them.