View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 05:07 AM   #5
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
In my book, there are only two kinds of seggers.

1. Those who have fallen off their segway.

2. Those who lie about having fallen off their segway.

I suppose there could be a couple folks out there who don't fit these two categories, but I am confident that most do.

I am glad you did not get hurt.
Depends how you define a fall. I define a fall as any time you leave the Segway and do not land on your feet. It may not be the best definition, but it's the definition I use to record "falls" in my tour business and it at least allows me to clearly distinguish between a "fall" and someone just stepping off. I toyed with another definition of "Any time you leave a Segway unexpectedly" but that was too vague and most times people just step off.

With my current definition, I have never fallen from any Segway. I have had to step off once or twice. The first time riding my i2 backwards in 2006 the first time I tried it. Had to step off. But no biggie.

This doesn't make me better or worse than those who have fallen off - just lucky I guess. I'm sure the day will come. I'd hate to be left out of Karl's book

And, Rolacoy, glad you are ok following your tumble. We live and learn.