View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 03:59 PM   #4
SegwayUtah
Advanced Member
SegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really nice

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescador12 View Post
I wonder if the Plus will solve the frequent speed complaints about the MiniPro. 10mph is fine for me but lots of people want a little more speed. The bet is regardless of the top speed, people will want a little more speed.
Possibly. I've never really had any complaints about riding 12.5 mph on the Segway i-series machines, whereas sometimes the p-series machines felt a little bit slow. But maybe that's just because I'm used to the extra 25% speed.

12-12.5 mph seems plenty fast for sidewalk environments. Maybe 15mph max. One can get a lot of places pretty quickly and safely at 12mph.

Chris

P.S. The other speed complaint I have heard about the miniPRO is that it makes the rider slow down as the battery gets nearer to empty (whereas on the Segway i2, you can pretty much ride until it's almost completely "drained of energy"). This may just be psychological since Segway could have just kept a reserve that wasn't counted in the range figures. But in any case, if the miniPLUS has more batteries, one can ride farther at top speed.
SegwayUtah is offline   Reply With Quote