View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 04:06 PM   #34
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
It appears the Airwheel is actually more advanced, sporting the equivalent of our speed limiter and audible warnings. The solowheel instructions say something like "be careful about leaning too hard as there might not be enough power to keep you up."
I didn't get a manual with mine but the ones I have found online have all been poorly translated. It has the ability to slow you down when the battery runs low but the manual warns about starting it up again afterwards in case there is not enough power to manage a safe shutdown. A bit like a V10 Segway before the first recall (v12), I think.

I managed a couple of laps of my estate just now - which is a fairly quiet residential area with gentle turns. This followed lunchtime practice at work trying to slalom around some lampposts (fairly unsuccessfully). I feel like I am getting there but my ankles are sore (and red) and the side of my shins are also surprisingly sore. Speed bumps are manageable but stones might be enough to cause a mishap.

At this point, I think it will be a long time before I am totally relaxed - if ever. My goal is to become competent enough to operate on quite pavements so I can have a go at riding to work via the train station, a journey I made several times on my Segway (but from a different house which was about 2 miles closer to the station). So, I will focus on turning and then slopes.