Thread: Buy and sell
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 05:08 AM   #1
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Lightbulb Buy and sell

Hi all

Is it possible we add a few rules into the buy and sell forum?

If selling...

There a lots of ads appearing where there are no costs or details whatsoever about what is being sold. Sometimes just the name of a part which may mean nothing to some.

I'd like photos to be mandatory but that might be going a little too far. Phone numbers optional I guess, seller's name would be nice, web links fine, e-mail a no-no - make sure sellers have email/PM active in their profile...

I know some people will think "well if they don't put the effort into the ad, they won't get a sale" but I check there often (waiting for someone to magically have all the bits I want in my price range) and it just annoys me to see one liners...

I don't want to make a lot of work for the mods but it would be in everyone's benefit (buyer and seller). There are so many posts made by other people asking for rudimentary clarifications, sometimes without a response, it would be better if the basic info was there from the start.

Just a thought.

Gareth