View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #3
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Payne View Post
As has nearly every Presidential spouse.

Nancy Reagan - the china and placesettings.

Jackie and, then, Lady Bird - artwork.

Bess Truman - The "most comfortable" bed she had ever slept in.

Mamie Eishenhower - Several rooms of furniture for the Pennsylvania home.

Pat Nixon - Actually, she didn't take anything, but it could have had something to do with the hasty exit she and her husband made.

Barbara Bush - She, reportedly, also took nothing. Except her husband. And then, because she had to.

Ahh, yes. Pointing to other bad behaviour surely does justify it. I know that when you are denied access to a place, if they can show you another who breaks the law similarly, that is enough for you...

I was not making a judgement of if it was bad or good, just that it did happen. I do not believe that any of the first families you mentioned ever returned to live at the white house.

I know that some think that the Clintons are saints... That is fine. All I asked is that if they return, does the booty also come back?

I would guess, that if taking the things you like is some sort of precidented compensation, then they should not return it. IF they did, it means that they would be getting less compensation for Bill (as he returned the stuff) than for Hillary (Presuming that if she does get elected, then serve, then take stuff home) that they would then keep the items for real, as I don't think that they would likely have the opportunity to go back a third time.

I guess it is kind of like taking towels from the hotel. IF you take some towels from the Hilton, and then the next year go back to that hotel, you don't usually take them back, you just go towelless, till you arrive, and can take some more...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote