View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 09:43 AM   #37
SegwayDan
Advanced Member
SegwayDan has a spectacular aura aboutSegwayDan has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Glückwünsche on getting a Segway with such difficulty, and for your intention to help make it more legal in Germany!

One word of caution with English, though. In your last sentence, ". . .an amendment is on it's way.", "it's" is incorrectly used. There are too many English speakers who didn't pay attention in school, or at least when they're writing on the internet, and make this same mistake, too. So they set a bad example for everyone.

"It's" is NEVER properly used for a possesive pronoun. The proper word is "its." No apostrophe. "It's" with an apostrophe is always and ONLY a contraction for "It is", as in, "It's cold outside." This is the equivalent of saying, "It is cold outside."

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by joe

Hi there

I'm a Segway owner since December 2005 and I'm living in Munich, Germany where Segways are still very rare (not to say non-existent). I bought my used i167 through eBay (YES! from a German seller so I had no hassle with shipping etc.

Before I got this I were the highest bidder on two other actions but they turned out as fraud. Once I was warned by Gaye of this forum but I already realized that it was a fraud auction and I wasn't in danger to lose money.

My first glide was just a month before my purchase when I did the Bangkok back roads tour at Jeff's thailandsegwaytours.com

Unfortunately it's lasting too cold and icy here in German Siberia to enjoy my toy so I wish for the summer. Furthermore it's still not legal to use a Segway on public ground in Germany but I hope an amendment is on it's way.

--
Joe
Dan Swanson