View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 05:20 AM   #7
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default Switching caps is difficult perhaps?

Just my "2 cents" regarding moderation:

SegwayChat is not affiliated with Segway Inc., Inc. once has granted the right to use the name Segway in the domain/website name, but that's it.

The original moderators, which were just a few enthusiasts, if I'm not mistaken, so also not affiliated with Inc.

After a while moderators left due to other obligations / tired of deleting spam / etc., they all had their own very good reasons.

So the vacant moderator positions were filled in with people who are affiliated with Inc., they are a dealer / or have a close relation with a dealer / worked for inc. in the past / etc. etc. there are many reasons why a moderator nowadays is a bit closer to Inc. or more tight to Inc.'s policies than in the past, we will have to respect this fact.

I think everyone will understand that being a moderator at the moment is more difficult than for the first moderators who were just enthusiasts. The enthusiasts won't mind that certain topics are discussed, they probably wanted to know the answers too. The current moderators are, as far as I know, all somehow "affiliated" with Inc, which makes it much more difficult to moderate topics in a way that the earlier moderators did.

We can't expect that somebody who is affiliated with Inc. during office hours, will not be affiliated outside the office hours.

Florin
florin is offline   Reply With Quote