View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 11:17 PM   #4
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
On getting put into the moderated mode, Civicsman!

And its not like you have not been made aware of the issues why your posts have been moved off-line.

But in all fairness this thread will stay up for awhile.
I agree that the moderator has warned me in the past about exchanging barbs with some other posters. I don't agree with some of how some of that was handled, but I agree that I was informed. As a result, I modified my posting style. I may still be more confrontational than WWhopper is happy with, but I do not violate written forum policies, and I am far from the worst case on this forum.

However, now I am referring to posts being deleted without any comment from the moderator, either public or private, until I asked why it was happening. The answer was that the moderator felt that a particular thread about serial numbers "does not require a major discussion". Posts from several posters were deleted, twice, from that string, apparently for violation of the "does not require a major discussion" policy. Yet many recent threads go completely off topic, or have exchanges that would better be private messages, and those posts are not deleted, nor are the posters threatened.

The "you are working hard on getting put into moderated mode" response is telling. Does my original post for this thread violate any forum policies? I think not. If it doesn't, why is a threat necessary? Why does my post need a special dispensation to let it "stay up for a while"? If it doesn't violate policy, doesn't it rate the same consideration as any other post? Is this subject open to honest discussion amongst members or not?
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote