Thread: i2 on grass
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 11:25 PM   #14
neoflyer
neoflyer is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricGator View Post
I have heard that flying an F-14, that the pilot merely thinks about movement and the jet-plane does it. No conscious movement of the stick, merely a thought.

I too am starting out with a Ninebot MiniPro and I was comfortable in an hour or two. Then I went to a skateboard park while all the kids were in school and got thrown at the top peak of a 'roof' type ramp structure. (the only feature I could use at the park other than the smooth pavement and obstacles for slalom maneuvers)

Anyway, I have realized that the most important instruction in the book when training of a new rider "Look straight ahead..."

Everything is intuitive and when you look straight ahead and don't think too much into it, it becomes a natural extension of your body.

I find I would have to work hard at running into a wall.
I'll say it again, I would have to work hard at running into a wall... the reason is that your instinct is to lean ever so slightly backwards as you approach a wall and the SEG will respond to that and smoothly come to a stop.

BTW, I went over that 'roof' ramp three times without issue before it threw me. And that one time that I fell, was because I was trying to go over it 'carefully'. The same with a transition onto lawn. If I approach it with care, I am more likely to fall than if I just look straight ahead and drive on...

I tell my friends "Don't try so hard. Your brain will figure it out instinctively"
Thanks. This sounds like very reasoned advice.

And thanks to all other’s advice. It’s all adding up.
neoflyer is offline   Reply With Quote