Thread: i2 on grass
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 10:08 AM   #13
fabricGator
fabricGator is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

I have heard that flying an F-14, that the pilot merely thinks about movement and the jet-plane does it. No conscious movement of the stick, merely a thought.

I too am starting out with a Ninebot MiniPro and I was comfortable in an hour or two. Then I went to a skateboard park while all the kids were in school and got thrown at the top peak of a 'roof' type ramp structure. (the only feature I could use at the park other than the smooth pavement and obstacles for slalom maneuvers)

Anyway, I have realized that the most important instruction in the book when training of a new rider "Look straight ahead..."

Everything is intuitive and when you look straight ahead and don't think too much into it, it becomes a natural extension of your body.

I find I would have to work hard at running into a wall.
I'll say it again, I would have to work hard at running into a wall... the reason is that your instinct is to lean ever so slightly backwards as you approach a wall and the SEG will respond to that and smoothly come to a stop.

BTW, I went over that 'roof' ramp three times without issue before it threw me. And that one time that I fell, was because I was trying to go over it 'carefully'. The same with a transition onto lawn. If I approach it with care, I am more likely to fall than if I just look straight ahead and drive on...

I tell my friends "Don't try so hard. Your brain will figure it out instinctively"

Last edited by fabricGator; 06-22-2019 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: editing out turrets induced profanity...
fabricGator is offline   Reply With Quote