View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #44
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbackes View Post
Perhaps a little context will help… 50,000 segways on the road. 1 hr per month usage. 10 years on the market (assuming linear growth) if my math is right that's 3,000,000 hours of Segway usage… If that's all the fail videos out there it's a pretty small percentage of total usage time.

Segway fails are popular because really everyone wants a Segway and just doesn't have the disposable cash to purchase one

LET THE FLAMES BEGIN!!
You do bring up a good point. I have railed against these videos as presenting the segway in a negative light because of the absence of a positive light.

Considering your numbers, 3 mil hours of use will have to be seen by someone.

Also, in the past few years, I regularly get approached by neighbors and acquaintances who say they tried a segway on vacation here or there. That was something that just did not happen 6 or 8 years ago.

So, I for one, will lighten up a little on my statements of how this is a site that should encourage positive segway use, and not a good place to make fun of segways, the way that these videos do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote