View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 10:11 PM   #30
GyroGo
GyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to all

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam
Maybe because Hezbollah also has an arm that is non-violent and actually provides humanitarian services to the population? Because there's a number of Hezbollah members that sit in their government? Mind you, I'm not defending Hezbollah, but I am pointing out why Hezbollah might be accepted in Lebanon.. and also why some people in Lebanon might well be pushed into defending Hezbollah, if Israel bombs civilians, women and children.

War begets more war until the last one is dead. How many generations did the Hatfields and McCoys feud?

Pam
Yes, members of Hezbollah kiss their babies, and take care of their relatives and friends. They live in a community that they have an interest in improving. I do not accept that people are either good OR evil, we all have done good deeds and bad, we all have kind thoughts and some not so nice thoughts about others.

But clearly one who lives in Lebanon who supports Hezbollah instead of other parties or organizations that can provide civilized solutions is making a choice in favor of what Hezbollah stands for. It is the duty of able bodied adult Lebanese to STAND UP and act in the best interest of their country. This current crisis is the consequence of that not happening.

It is clear that Israel does not TARGET innocent civilians, though they are sometimes unintended victims. Hezbollah and Hamas indiscriminately sends missles into populated areas and terrorists that those groups SUPPORT do TARGET civilians.

Pacifism is not going to stop Hamas and Hezbollah, this is CLEAR. I don't know about the objective of each Hatfield and McCoy attack, but I do know that Israel's purpose is to provide long-term security for her innocent civilians.