View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 08:07 AM   #3
Seginaway
Seginaway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default My Experience with Factory Repair . . .

My Experience with Factory Repair . . .

Inc. gave a specific response as to what needed repair and what Inc. did to repair Trigger.

Inc. Response:
"Unit appears to have been opened by unauthorized persons. Upon initial inspection; fasteners were missing, markings on components, antenna broken off of Radio Board, and BSA-A connector was broken. The BSA and Radio Board (UI Console PCB) require replacement due to damage/mishandling. Fault Logs indicate Motor Voltage Consistency Fault local to the A side CU and Left side Motor. Upon inspection Left side Motor was noticed to be damaged; replacement is required. Console housing is cracked and requires replacement to prevent water ingress. Console cover and gasket will be updated to the current revision under warranty. Ferrites were missing; will be replaced under warranty. Gearbox will be replaced under warranty due to RTV gasket."

Segway Inc. repaired my 9 year old X2, new motor, trans (left side) and numerous other issues for a total cost of $1,500 through my dealer. 45 days later the same issue arose (EO47 - but opposite side). Contacted my dealer and sent the machine back. No additional cost but they replaced the other side (engine/trans).

Looks like the EO47 error code was not caused by CU board failure as the error code dictates, but it was the motor/gearbox that generated the fault which was reflected by the error code. Secondarily, I'm amazed that I got warranty repairs (gearbox, console cover & gasket, ferrites) on my nine (9) year old Segway with 10,000 miles. I guess I'm lucky that it was a gearbox/motor vs. a $1,000 CU board.

Surprised you didn't get as much of a detailed response as I did, but Inc. is under new management since my repair.
Seginaway is offline   Reply With Quote