View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 11:31 PM   #2
Hardenburgward1@aol.
Hardenburgward1@aol. is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Voice of experience

I have a word of caution. I found that stepping on to a segway should be a 3 step process. 1) with machine on put one foot lightly on the machine. Keep your weight on the other foot. You will feel that the segway wants to go forward/backward depending on the position of the handle bar. 2) adjust the handle bar slightly forward/back until segway does not want to move ahead or backward. 3) bring other foot onto segway. You should be upright, balanced, and not moving. You are now ready to push handle bar forward and start gliding.

I was using the first generation segway, an I167. Yours may be newer/better/smarter and may not have the problem I encountered.

I have only fallen on a Segway once. That was the first time I tried it. The handle bar was slightly back so the segway wanted to back up when I stepped on it. I was getting on in one motion so as I stepped forward the segway moved backward and ... well... let’s just say the two don’t make for a good combination. I was on grass so I didn;t get hurt (except my pride)
Hardenburgward1@aol. is offline   Reply With Quote