View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 11:15 PM   #26
bob yarbrough
bob yarbrough has a little shameless behaviour in the past

5 yr Member

<<<
Bob is quick to insist it is common sense to wear a helmet, but he himself admits to not wearing them for years. I guess he had no common sense, and now feels he has found common sense.
-----
Karl may well be correct in that I had no common sense (in my early years). The childrens home where I learned to ride a bicycle there was never any type of education/instruction regarding helmets (late 50's & early 60's) given by any guardians in charge of my care and later the same from my parents. In my 50's my wife would suggest the use of a helmet and eventually after a fall or two on a bicycle I would occasionally wear one. My relunctance was one of several different reasons which I previously posted in Karls thread of "do you wear a helmet".

Eventually after several years of ownership of a Segway I saw two young kids riding around on electric scooters without helmets. The thought of one of those kids someday getting hurt because of the absence of a helmet and the fear (real or imagined) that I might
bear some responsibility simply because they had seen me riding without a helmet compelled me to get use to the idea of wearing a helmet all the time while bicycling or gliding.

<<<<
He is the one who said it is irresponsible for anyone to mount a segway, or allow anyone else to mount a segway without a helmet.
-----
I absolutely stand by what I said.
For both liability issues and potential risk issues for all involved.
...new owners and beginner Segway users...

I understand Karl likes to talk...I understand he likes to offer his opinion. Heck I don't even mind if he disagrees with me (even a lot ). What I do mind is it seems a relunctance, or is it an absence of of self-restraint/self-discipline in offering those opinions. Without such discipline his opinions come across (IMHO) as a kind of compulsive or addictive behavior with regard to speaking. It just strikes me as a kind of rude behavior. But again it's just my opinion of his opinions.

-----

Tritium,
Are you the one who would like their Segway to go 15mph.
Soooo...you want to go 15mph without a
helmet on a Segway?
Really???

be safe
enjoy your glide...

Bob Yarbrough
the PONY SEAT guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the PONY SEAT