View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 06:53 PM   #7
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Very interesting! What cells did you use? Where did you get them? What do they cost? What was your total cost for the rebuild?

I think if I were to 'rebuild' any, I'd be doing what Dorrington says he's doing - Start with a few red light batteries and replace only the bad cells, recycling the good ones from other batteries. My experience with old batteries is that the original cells last a very long time - I've had 2007 batteries which still give 20 miles or more range

I've had really good luck buying used batteries. I have three I2's and I've bought new(er) batteries (all 6 of them) for those machines over the past couple years for an average of about $400 each, some from private sellers, a few from eBay when I find a 'bargain' - I only buy 2014 or newer batteries. I've sold my older batteries (mostly 2006, 2007 and 2008's which were all still in working condition) for an average of about $250 each, so I've upgraded all my batteries to significantly newer ones for about $150 each. I have a spare 7th battery I'm hanging on to just for emergencies, should something happen to any of them

Don
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote