View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 07:56 AM   #5
Ramsey252
Ramsey252 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Thanks for that and it makes sense. My problem is due to the poor service and repair practice my tour business is no longer viable.
In the UK it is almost impossible to get a Segway fixed in a reasonable time and at a reasonable price. Also Segway always make you pay for new parts. For example from old machines I have 4 CU boards and and BSA all in good working order. For what ever price of testing and programming (Im willing to pay)these components to work together i.e. I have a machine with a failed CU board so happy to send the power base and my spare CU boards to be tested and installed, Segway wont. Not that they cant they are just greedy and want to sell only new parts all the time. In the case of a BSA unit that pretty much renders a used Segway as not worth repairing. That means I have 4k of spare parts that are good for nothing.
Their customer service and spares costs is what will eventually drive them out of business as other manufacturers catch up and over take. (nearly there already).
I will review your very valid comments and speak to the Chinese developers who seem very keen to improve their offering.
I have a unit with UK trading standards and safety and so far they are happy though still testing.
Balance boards are legal to sell in the UK without such resilient subsystems though I appreciate they aren't used for tours etc.

There is no doubt Segway is a great product but Im finding their way of working impossible due to inflated prices and extremely poor customer service.

I really appreciate your very knowledgeable response though.

many thanks

Ramsey
Ramsey252 is offline   Reply With Quote