View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 05:52 PM   #13
Pescador12
Pescador12 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I had a minipro and now have an i2. The minipro with it's small tires was always very twitchy, any little crack in the sidewalk or twig laying there will send you off in another direction when the small wheel hits it.
Bigger tires are better. For sure they are more stable. And the i2 has its weight below the pivot point of the axles. However, I don't feel that the minipro is as bad as you described when I ride it. At least I never had it try to send me off in another direction.

I can't post a link with the rules for this forum. But, there is a you tube video about "Segway MiniPro Firehose Pants Ride". Skip the video to about 3:42 to see one wheel drop into a largish crack. Rider has no problem with twitchy or deflection as the minipro doesn't get bothered. And skip to 5:10 to see it going over twigs. Seems fine.

The size of the MiniPro tires seems a good compromise between "can't fit in a car" and "too small to ride on typical sidewalks".

Figured my posts were related to the "separate section for unsafe toys" part of the topic. Disagreeing with the terms. Cool to see people posting ideas on two wheeled transporters. I'm drinking a beer while riding the minipro to neighbors for a bonfire. The neighborhood thinks it is neat but don't have any ideas or excitement about Segways.