View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 03:13 AM   #3
Pescador12
Pescador12 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalerjohn View Post
Hi everyone. I have rode a regular Segway about 4 times and like it. I see minipro as something that I might like. So thought I would ask a few questions before I purchase
Being 65 I do not think that should be a problem. Thinking of the minipro with the larger battery.
Segway web site takes you to amazon to place a order. Any issues with this. And last going to install the handle.
Thanks
For you input.
Whalerjohn
Being 65 shouldn't be an issue. Always step off to the rear to dismount. Stepping forward tends to try to drive the unit back under your stepping foot causing you to go down like Mike Tyson did on his hoverboard. And, never turn while backing up as the steering only directs the nose direction, not the tail.

Hold onto a counter top or wall when you first try mounting and dismounting the minipro. It is kinda like skates at first. It takes a few minutes to get your feet's micro balance efforts in sync with the MiniPro's micro balance efforts.

Be warned that some of the units in stores like Amazon, have been on the shelves so long that the battery lost all voltage and now won't take a charge. Segway support is sending replacement units to new owners who discovered theirs is dead. Annoying but they are making it right.
Pescador12 is offline   Reply With Quote