View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #54
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Bob,

You quoted a bit of my comments on Obama's Aunt. The fact that she is not a citizen is not as much a factor as that she is an illegal immigrant, who has been ordered deported. She did not go, but was ordered to.

I know we are a nation of immigrants. I have never tried to hide my Grandparents arrival (on my mother's side) from the Ukraine, to escape the Progroms of the early 20th century. My father's side also came from the Ukraine, also Jewish, but I am not sure of their arrival times, I suspect around the same time.

But their trips thru Ellis Island and their immigration story does not mean that I feel we should have uncontrolled illegal immigration. I believe in a good and effective guest worker program, as well as continued legal immigration.

My primary fault placement however is on the employers, and the government employees who do not due their due diligence on employment or tax dollar give away programs. The government employees should be held accountable, and the employers who knowingly hire illegals and take advantage of the taxes not paid, and benefits not paid, should be put in jail.

I have posted that I know of a local politician who owns a restaurant that employs illegal aliens, and he does not care about being sworn to uphold the laws and is breaking them at the same time.

We need not agree here. I have made my case pretty clear several times. Some will not admit it, but there is a huge difference between being against illegal immigration and still not being against immigration.

I know for a fact that the current government in Massachusetts is anti enforcement for immigration policies. The governor has said so, and said that he has chosen not to work cooperatively with the INS (I know, old term). Our current Attorney General, the chief enforcement officer of the state, has stated that' "It is technically not illegal to be an illegal immigrant in Massachusetts".

Two county sheriffs publicly stated that they were going to work with the feds on a screening program for arrested suspects that checks for their immigration status. The local news reported that they were told their state funding was in risk as a result of bucking the Governor's policies.

Call it what you like. This is not a state in the United States. This is a Commonwealth, but often seems more like a province with a totally different type of government.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.