View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #10
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
It has 16 props so its a hexadecicopter I think. Wonderful flying bedstead design, combination of high tech and string. The exercise ball is great but I wonder why his seat is not below the structure rather than above.
Actually, his pose looks to me as if it is very uncormfortable and unnatural.

I must have counted 3 rotors per arm (I did a quick count, clearly missing only 25% of them, lucky I don't deal with numbers for a living... No, wait, I am an electromechanical Engineer. I guess I'll blame this one on my glasses)

I too see that the sitting with that much weight above the lift as odd. I would have thought having it below or at lease some of it below would add a level of stability.

My understanding of the stability of other than fixed wing aircraft generally tend toward low weight, high lift, like a helicopter, rather than like a hovercraft. Most hovercraft get very unstable if they lift above ground effect, if they can.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.