View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #16
Rolacoy
Rolacoy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

In most cases I doubt that I would consider filing a complaint. The reasons would be if in these cases I was a long way from home. If I had to return to the location for some reason to follow up on the complaint it would not be worth the time and money. Both of these places are places in which I will never return.

If the place I really wanted to visit on a repeat basis on my Segway was local I probably would press the issue. I did press and was allowed to use my Segway at Canton, Texas for the swap meet and another time at the Tyler, Texas zoo. If they would have flat refused I don't know if I would have filed a complaint, because I have no interest in returning to either place. The manager of the zoo did tell me as I was leaving to call before I returned. He was indicating that I might not be allowed to return with my Segway. I have not called, because I am not interested in returning. I guess in most cases once I see a place I have little interest in returning.

If someone else wanted to ride a segway there for disability reasons I would join them in the issue. My wife and I both have handicap stickers and both have have Segways. She does not like riding her Segway and would never press the issue if someone told her no.

Also in most cases I can manage with a cane. Fortunately I do not have a severe enough disability at this stage in my life to have to have some type of mechanized devise to get around. For instance I go to Lowes quite a bit, I manage very well by pushing a shopping cart. It would be more trouble to load and unload the Segway than it would be worth.
Rolacoy is offline   Reply With Quote