View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 05:10 PM   #21
dmurphy
dmurphy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMullins View Post
Do not drain the batteries down. I gave you a starting point. The voltage reading you are taking is the “resting” voltage of the battery. Once a load is placed on them the voltage will drop based on charge level and there is no way for you to monitor a battery like that unless you have the proper equipment that places a simulated load on the batteries while it is OFF the unit.

Disclosure- I am Level III trained in Segway PT repairs, and I repair 200+ units per year. Some repairs are straight forward, but yours will take a bit of time to R/O what component may be the root cause.
Thank you again for your guidance! I'm going to wait until we speak with Segway Inc at this point to do anything further; this unit is new to me, and the seller has agreed to either replace what's broken, or the entire unit, based on what Segway Inc says. They've been nothing but pleasant and responsive, but given that I'm located about halfway between the seller and Inc in NH, doing what I can to diagnose up front and minimizing shipping (and shipping costs!) is prudent.

Again, really really appreciate your guidance - the rest of the unit seems solid and I can't wait to get it to 100% health so I can enjoy many years of fun with it!
dmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote