View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 07:31 PM   #10
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I considered something like a Segvator for use with our last car - I'm perfectly capable of welding up something similar on my own, but it's not 'right' for the way we use our Segs. An outside carrier would be perfect for short trips around town to and from home on a sunny day, but our trips are sometimes thousands of miles and several days long

We bought the Transit Connect mostly because I have zero interest in transporting the Segs out in the weather, even under a cover, nor would I feel safe parking overnight in a motel with them hanging off the back of the car - I'm sure that eventually we would come out in the morning and find them gone. Locked inside the car and covered up, nobody knows they're there

The way we're doing it now is working perfectly, which is why I posted this thread. Load or unload in just 10 minutes or so and no chance of them getting wet or stolen - Since I first posed this a month or so ago, we're now up to more than 15,000 miles and 4 more cities over the past year and we're headed out in the morning on yet another adventure. A 5 day trip to Vicksburg MS where we'll be putting a hundred miles or more on the Segs. We don't use them very much here around home, but we use them a LOT exploring new places and towns, which is exactly why we bought them

Don

Last edited by Don M; 07-31-2017 at 07:36 PM..
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote